The Group for Women is able to provide you with the newest technology in surgical procedures. From office procedures to outpatient to inpatient surgical choices, your doctor will provide you with the best care. In many cases these surgical procedures can be performed using minimally invasive techniques and using the latest in surgical equipment like the da Vinci® Surgical System. The Group for Women provides the following surgical procedures.
Our doctors specialize in many surgical procedures for women, including:
- Treatment for Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Control and Sterilization
- Repair of Pelvis Support Defects
- Treatment for Heavy Periods
- Surgical Treatment of Abnormal Pap Smears
- da Vinci® Surgical System
- Additional Gynecologic and Obstetric Procedures
- Labiaplasty & Labial Reduction Surgery
- Laser Surgery of Vulva, Vagina & Cervix
- Myomectomy (removal of fibroids)
- Operative Laparoscopy (minimally invasive pelvic surgery)
- Operative Hysteroscopy (minimally invasive intrauterine surgery)
- Vulvar Reconstructive Surgery: Outpatient Procedure
- Surgical Management of Bartholins Gland Abnormalities
- Percutaneous Nerve evaluation (PNE)
- Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS)
Those surgeries and treatments that can be done in your doctor’s office with special equipment for the procedure. As the patient, you will be able to heal in the comfort of your own home.
Those surgeries that have to be done in a hospital setting because of specific equipment needed and/or anesthesia. As the patient, you will be able to heal in the comfort of your own home.
Those surgeries that have to be done in a hospital setting because of specific equipment needed, anesthesia and post operative care. As the patient, you will be staying in the hospital for a minimum of one night.
Minimally Invasive Procedures:
Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures mean that your doctor with The Group for Women can perform the recommended procedure through tiny incisions instead of one large opening. Click here for more information about Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures.
For more information on available surgical options, call us today at 757-466-6350.
The Group for Women is a leader in women’s healthcare providing OBGYN services, Urogynecology, Birth Control, Hormone Replacement Therapy, office procedures and minimally invasive and outpatient surgical procedures to patients in the cities of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Newport News and Hampton throughout Hampton Roads and beyond. Call us today for your appointment 757-466-6350.